Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie Review: The Way Home (DVD)


Wow! What a great Christian-based movie for couples to watch together! I sat down on Sunday afternoon to enjoy this movie while my kids were taking a nap, and enjoyed every single minute of it! What a joy to find a movie with Christian values, no bad language, no sexual untertones, and one that you can really enjoy watching!
Dean Cain (from Lois and Clark / Superman) plays Randy Simpkins in this movie as a father and husband who battles between time spent with work and family. This movie is based on a true story, and it will truly grab at your heartstrings! Have a box of kleenex handy as you will surely find yourself moved by this film. Christal, Randy's wife, asks him to watch their two-year old son while she runs back in the house to do a couple of last-minute checks before they pull out for a vacation to the beach. Randy, who lets their son ride his tricycle in the driveway, goes back into the house to check his work email one last time. When he goes back outside, his son has vanished. The movie shows how the couple deals with thier son's diappearance and how the whole community pulls together to help search for the lost little boy. This movie convicted me of how sometimes I put little things before my children when I should really be spending that precious time with them! I hope that you, too, enjoy this movie! I highly recommend it.
I reviewed this DVD compliments of Thomas Nelson and BookSneeze. All opinions of the movie are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment