Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review: Faithful by Kim Cash Tate

I just finished reading Faithful by Kim Cash Tate, and I truly enjoyed reading a new Christian fiction book by her. It was a captivating book that I didn't want to put down until the last page was read, although that was impossible with two little ones around! The author deals with several very hard subject matters that Christians face in today's society from singleness to marital unfaithfulness.

The main character in the book, Cyd, is a single forty year old. She thought that by the time she turned forty, she would be married and have her own family. In reality, she is going to be the maid-of-honor in her little sister's wedding on her big birthday and still be single.

Cyd's best friend, Dana, has to deal with her husband's affair with a younger woman. Her other friend, Phyllis, is dealing with a husband who is not a believer and develops a longing for a male friend that is a Christian. Through all of these situations, the three friends learn to depend on God and his faithfulness to get them through.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book that was given to me compliments of Thomas Nelson and BookSneeze to read and review. I am so glad that there is good, clean Christian fiction out there for us to enjoy! I hope that you like this book as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! I am heading there right now to check it out.... :)

    ReplyDelete