Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blessings Were Poured Down in Atlanta!

View from my hotel room window!
WOW!!!  What an awesome weekend in Atlanta, GA!  The Women of Faith Conference was absolutely wonderful!  From the amazing speakers to the beautiful weather that God provided, we were truly blessed!

This is the first WOF event that I have ever attended.  Thanks to BookSneeze, I received complimentary tickets and had seats that were on the floor and close to the stage!  I loved how real and honest that each of the speakers were and left knowing that many others have the same struggles that we do.  We just have to remember that God is always with us and will never leave us, even in our darkest moments.

On a lighter note, we, as women, like to have each hair on our head in place before we exit the door in the morning.  Right?!  I loved how Sheila Walsh talked about her hair sometimes looking great and at other times "like the backside of a chicken!"  But, she also shared how God "understood that fact" in Song of Solomon 4:1 ("Your hair is like a flock of goats!").  She made us laugh, cry, and encouraged us through scripture, while sharing about her journey with the Lord.

Angie Smith touched my heart with her transparency and love for God!  Her story was such a blessing to me.  If you ever get the chance to see her, I highly recommend it!  She has a blog called Bring the Rain (audreycaroline.blogspot.com), and you can see her story there.  I can't wait to read her book called What Women Fear.



Natalie Grant was awesome!


The music by the WOF Praise Team, Natalie Grant, and Mary Mary was wonderful!  I also enjoyed hearing Laura Story perform and share about her life.  Listen to her song Blessings below, and receive a blessing yourself!



Other speakers that we were blessed to hear were Lisa Harper, Nicole Johnson, Luci Swindoll, and Steve Arterburn.
Steve Arterburn and Sheila Walsh "Q & A Time"

I met some wonderful ladies and new friends at this conference.  Thanks, again, BookSneeze for allowing me to be a part of this experience!  It left me feeling refreshed and knowing that in my life God can and will do far more than I can ever imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment